Baked drumsticks are a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for a weeknight dinner or a backyard barbecue. With just a few simple ingredients and a little bit of preparation, you can enjoy juicy, flavorful drumsticks that are sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Here’s how to bake drumsticks :
- 6-8 chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven: Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Prepare the drumsticks: Rinse the drumsticks and pat them dry with paper towels. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Season the drumsticks: In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper. Brush the mixture onto the drumsticks, making sure to coat them evenly.
- Bake the drumsticks: Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the drumsticks are cooked through and the skin is crispy and golden brown. Use a meat thermometer to check that the internal temperature of the drumsticks has reached 165°F (74°C).
- Serve and enjoy: Once the drumsticks are cooked, remove them from the oven and letthem cool for a few minutes before serving. Garnish with chopped herbs, such as parsley or cilantro, if desired.
- For extra crispy skin, you can broil the drumsticks for the last 2-3 minutes of baking.
- You can also marinate the drumsticks in your favorite marinade for a few hours before baking to add extra flavor.
- If you’re cooking for a crowd, you can easily double or triple the recipe.
In conclusion, baking drumsticks is a simple and delicious way to enjoy chicken. By seasoning the drumsticks with a simple mixture of spices and baking them in the oven, you can create juicy, flavorful chicken that is sure to be a hit with your family or guests. With these tips in mind, you can easily bake drumsticks to perfection and enjoy a tasty and satisfying meal.